This recipe is a real treat. It’s so good!
Cranberry Avocado Waffles:
~2 Flax Eggs
~1 Chia Eggs
~3/4c Oat Fiber (Nunaturals)
~1 Small Banana
~1/2 Small Avocado
~(OPT) Sea Salt, Acai Powder
Mix “eggs”, oat fiber, stevia, baking powder, and cinnamon. Put in waffle maker. Top with sea salt, acai powder, cinnamon, 1/2 Avocado, and the banana.
This was has been my favorite waffle recipe yet! The cranberry/avocado/banana combo is AMAZING!!!
Another benefit of this recipe is cranberries are AMAZING for you! They really nourish your urinary tract. Funny I know, but important.
Have you tried this combo? ❤
Hey guys another recipe coming at you guys today!!:)
This one is so good! It’s chock full of superfoods and it’s a salad so it’s a great way to start the day like on Fourth of July when you know you’ll be indulging 😉😋
Without further ado here it is:
~Mixed spring greens
~Diced cucumbers and peppers (which are great for the skin!)
~1 scoop Shakeology (protein+literally CHOCK FULL of superfoods and adptogens)
~Pinch tumeric (anti-inflammatory)
~Raw saurkraut (probiotics)
~Coconut aminos or Lime juice
~Liquid vanilla stevia
Put first two ingredients in a salad bowl. Then add Shakeology and tumeric. Mix well. Then add stevia and lime juice/coconut aminos. Finally add the saurkraut. This salad is AMAZING! Chow down and show me your pics on social media so I can give ya a shoutout.
Finally, HAPPY FOURTH!!!
What are you guys doing today?
I’m a huge reader, and one of my favorite things to do is read health related books. Even about stuff you’d think I’d never follow but I found you can find knowledge in any book. I wanted to spare you some time and show you my favorite related books. 😊🍍🍀🍋🍆💪🏻
1. Eating for Beauty: David Wolfe: So much helpful minerals on how different foods and minerals affect your looks.
2. Forever Beautiful: Natalia Rose: Shes a genius and makes a healthy detox lifestyle approachable.
3. The Bible: I know to some this probably seems random but without my faith I would have no health and my health is always in is hands.
4. Make Your Own Rules Diet by Tara Stiles: I love the stance this book took because that is what I am all about eat healthy but always putting your signature stamp on it. 😊🍍
5. Women’s Book of Yoga: it gives flows for a variety of conditions and explains the different styles in great detail. It also goes over the “yoga lifestyle”. Great through book!
6. Beauty Detox Power by Kimberly Snyder: I love how this book shows the more deep rooted issues that come up on a healthy journey. Super informative. Literally love this one. (I love Kimberly Snyder, I have all her books😉).
7. Sweetly Raw by Heater Pace: Her blog was one of the first ones I followed. She is probably the most talented raw vegan chef and this book does not disappoint!
What are your favorite health books , please comment I really want to know. 😜 #nerdalert
Today I wanted to write about something I’m really passionate about which is the health of your bones and teeth. Many people diet and even go to extremes not realizing the effect it can have on your bones. The amount of really young people getting diagnosed with osteopenia and osteoporosis is scary. These things you live with for the rest of your life, and make your later years really hard.
If you already have one of these conditions you can reverse. I know this for a fact because I have done it. I had osteoporosis and now my bone density is almost normal. Especially if you are in your younger years your body is at its prime for building the density of the bones. All these tips will apply to you as well.
*I am not a dietician/doctor this is based on expierence and research from doctors. :)*
Without further ado here are my tips:
1. Eat Enough: if your body is starving as is the case in very extreme diets, detoxes/fasts that go on to long or aren’t done smarty, and eating disorders your body will start pulling from your bones.
2. Strength Train: these has been scientifically proven to increase bone density. I know strength training is all the rage right now but it can be even a couple times a week full body or strength building yoga or body weight training. It doesn’t have to fit a mold just strength train.
3. Avoid Dairy/Increase alkalinity: if your body is it acidic it can start pulling from the bones as well. I know this is counter to what you here but I’ve found it to be helpful. Just make sure you are getting lots of calcium from other sources. I can do a follow up post on that.
4. Avoid fluoride/ SLS in your toothpaste.
5. Floss daily. You hear it all the time I know but it helps keep your teeth clean and in line.
6. Stretch for mobility. This really doesn’t have a ton to do with actual bone density, but if you want to be able to fully use the bones you worked hard to mantain having the mobility to do so is key.
Hope this helps and take care of yourselves today.
What are some tips you’ve learned?
In a world full of exercise fads it’s easy to forget how many different ways there are to be active and what t really means. For instance the true definition of fitness is being able to get through the activities of daily living with energy leftover, for instance it’s not going to the gym for two hours but being exhausted after a shift at work. Interesting right?
I’m one of those annoying people who loveesss to “exercise” but only because I view it as a cool way to explore my body and learn new things. I never force myself to do anything, and that’s a great place to get to. Without further ado here’s ten fun ideas to mix it up, it doesn’t have to “cardio” or “lifting” all the time unless you love that:)!
1. Roller blading. Take it back to childhood it’s so fun and your legs will kill!
2. Jump rope. Great cardio!
3. Hiking. Great cardio and nature is gorgeous!
4. Yoga and Pilates. It feels so good!!!! Ps. It’s not always just stretching too. Check out bananablondie108 her stuff is hard but still feels good.
5. Barre. Fun ballet inspired workouts.
7. Pole Dancing. It takes serious strength and beautiful.
8. Kettle bells. Soo hard and great way to mix it up from weights and build strength.
9. Biking. So fun to spin and explore the world for miles and miles.
10. YouTube workouts. Anything you could possibly want is on there. You can dance, jump, stretch, anything. I have a post on some great channels: here.
I hope this gives you some great ideas!