I talked about how to make a diet your own here and today I wanted to follow it up with tips on how to not feel restricted on a healthy lifestyle.
When you follow a specific boring plan it can definitely feel restricting. Some people fall off and now some people go it IIFYM which is okay, but some people don’t want to eat processed foods and then counting macros becomes a lot of work. That is where, hopefully, some of these tips come in to help out:
1. Add Super foods: You’d be amazed at the difference this can make it making your healthy lifestyle more fun. The only thing is only if super foods are in your budget at the moment, you can get good deals though. It can easily transform your berry smoothie into acai bowl or your normal apple at lunch to a handful of delicious mulberries. I love doing this with my diet all the time.
2. Add Toppings: Instead of drinking your green drink put it in a bowl and add coconut flour, coconut shreds, and dried fruit. BOOM! If your doing a “boring” salad every day add toppings or make your dressing. It really makes it all so much better.
3. (Sweet tooth People) Don’t be afraid to make your meals dessert. Instead of having tofu and broccoli, make a tofu chocolate pudding with cucumber slices for dipping or instead of a salad with a tomato based dressing make your salad with greens, dried and fresh fruit with a mango based dressing.
4. (Savory People) Keep spices on hand. Take your steamed veggies add nutritional yeast, garlic, and real salt. Bam, pizza veggies. Instead of fruit based smoothies, make creamy veggie soups like cucumber avocado soup or tomato soup with hemp seeds and chia seeds.
5. Make Subsitutes: You can google and find a substitute for anything. Banana ice cream vs. Regular Ice cream, Mulberry Blueberry vs. Regular cereal, and so on. So many great ideas.
Don’t forget the enter the giveaway: here.
I hope this helps you stay on your journey!
Be kind to yourselves,