This seems to be a super hot topic right now and I wanted to give tips based on my research.
1. Eat carbs. This is soooo important low carb diets are proven to affect the thyroid.
2. Eat a balanced plate. Protein/carbs/fats… Monitor ironman imbalances will affect the health of your thyroid.
3. Take iodine. I think most people know this but a key thing to know is nascent iodine is the best kind to take and makes a world of a difference.
4. Low stress exercise….. Think walking, yoga, pilates, or something like Piyo which is great if you need something lower stress but love to workout.
5. Take an herbal supplement to support the thyroid. See my favorites here and here.
I hope this helps and if you have any tips for others leave them below👇🏼.
Here are my favorite Nut Buttes based on health and taste. Nut butters are like the tastiest thigs ever so I was excited to do this post. 😜
1. Artisana Cocoa Bliss: So I would not consider this the healthiest nut butter ever but if your a raw vegan and love chocolate this stuff is sooooooo good!
2. Pili Nut Butter: Honestly, so creamy and satisfying.
3. Destiny Sprouted Almond / Pumpkin Seed Butters: This brand is the most easily digested nut butters I have found, and these are my favorite flavors.
4. Rawmio: How could I do a post without mentioning this?! Honestly, crack.
5. Artisans Cashew Butter: I love cashew butter so creamy and sweet. Sooo good.
6. Essential Living Brazil Nut Honey Butter: So sweet and rich. I love it when I’m having cravings. Reminds me of the peanut butter and honey and sandwiches I had as a kid.
So now it’s time for me to get a spoon and a big jar of nut butter 😜.
Please tell me your favorites. 🙂
I’m a huge reader, and one of my favorite things to do is read health related books. Even about stuff you’d think I’d never follow but I found you can find knowledge in any book. I wanted to spare you some time and show you my favorite related books. 😊🍍🍀🍋🍆💪🏻
1. Eating for Beauty: David Wolfe: So much helpful minerals on how different foods and minerals affect your looks.
2. Forever Beautiful: Natalia Rose: Shes a genius and makes a healthy detox lifestyle approachable.
3. The Bible: I know to some this probably seems random but without my faith I would have no health and my health is always in is hands.
4. Make Your Own Rules Diet by Tara Stiles: I love the stance this book took because that is what I am all about eat healthy but always putting your signature stamp on it. 😊🍍
5. Women’s Book of Yoga: it gives flows for a variety of conditions and explains the different styles in great detail. It also goes over the “yoga lifestyle”. Great through book!
6. Beauty Detox Power by Kimberly Snyder: I love how this book shows the more deep rooted issues that come up on a healthy journey. Super informative. Literally love this one. (I love Kimberly Snyder, I have all her books😉).
7. Sweetly Raw by Heater Pace: Her blog was one of the first ones I followed. She is probably the most talented raw vegan chef and this book does not disappoint!
What are your favorite health books , please comment I really want to know. 😜 #nerdalert
This recipe is super simple. Like stupidly simple but I still really wanted to share it. It’s so good.
~Preheat oven to 350
~Tear up a bunch of kale
~Variations (sea salt/cinnamon/curry/ cocoa powder/coconut aminos)
~Put in oven for 10 minutes or until they are crunchy
And Boom! These are so easy and additictive. Try it and tag me on Instagram so I can see what variation you made!
Today I wanted to write about something I’m really passionate about which is the health of your bones and teeth. Many people diet and even go to extremes not realizing the effect it can have on your bones. The amount of really young people getting diagnosed with osteopenia and osteoporosis is scary. These things you live with for the rest of your life, and make your later years really hard.
If you already have one of these conditions you can reverse. I know this for a fact because I have done it. I had osteoporosis and now my bone density is almost normal. Especially if you are in your younger years your body is at its prime for building the density of the bones. All these tips will apply to you as well.
*I am not a dietician/doctor this is based on expierence and research from doctors. :)*
Without further ado here are my tips:
1. Eat Enough: if your body is starving as is the case in very extreme diets, detoxes/fasts that go on to long or aren’t done smarty, and eating disorders your body will start pulling from your bones.
2. Strength Train: these has been scientifically proven to increase bone density. I know strength training is all the rage right now but it can be even a couple times a week full body or strength building yoga or body weight training. It doesn’t have to fit a mold just strength train.
3. Avoid Dairy/Increase alkalinity: if your body is it acidic it can start pulling from the bones as well. I know this is counter to what you here but I’ve found it to be helpful. Just make sure you are getting lots of calcium from other sources. I can do a follow up post on that.
4. Avoid fluoride/ SLS in your toothpaste.
5. Floss daily. You hear it all the time I know but it helps keep your teeth clean and in line.
6. Stretch for mobility. This really doesn’t have a ton to do with actual bone density, but if you want to be able to fully use the bones you worked hard to mantain having the mobility to do so is key.
Hope this helps and take care of yourselves today.
What are some tips you’ve learned?
Lately I’ve been reading about the connection between diet and the effect it has on your appearance (hair, skin, nails, etc….). So far my two favorite books have been “Eating for Beauty” by David Wolfe and “Ageless Beauty” by Natalia Rose.
After being inspired by that today I wanted to share some minerals that are key in beauty and where to find them:).
1. Silicon: silicon is present in almost all areas of the body. Silicon is imperative in the formation of a healthy teeth and jaw formation. Silicon is also considered a yoga mineral because muscle tissues contain at least 2% silicon allowing for flexibility and elacsity.
Foods containing silicon and how to use them:
~nettles (try nettle tea)
2. Sulfur: sulfur is like so key for beauty It adds a “glow to the skin”. Is found in all connective tissue and collagen. It also plays a big role in healthy hair, skin and nails.
It is largely found in MSM, which is a superfood I highly recommend trying. It’s cheap and amazing!
3. Zinc: This is the last one I’ll touch on today but zinc is amazing. Zinc is a key member of a group of enzymes that impact collagen which gives you healthy skin complexion. It also works with vitamin E to mantain healthy reproductive organs.
Foods containing zinc:
~pumpkin seeds (trail mix, raw)
*I wouldn’t recommend a zinc supplement because it is toxic in large doses:)
I hope this helps!
Let me know below if you’d like a part ✌🏼️ to this post. 🙂
Here are my favorite protein powders. I’ve touched on this but I wanted to make a post that had it all laid out:)! Also, I added some non-vegan one’s for my people who aren’t on their plant based journey:)
1. My favorite is Garden of Life. Most people hate this brand though because of the texture but I Loveee the texture. It’s gritty and is very filling. It’s hard for me to get full so using their protien or raw meal has been immensely helpful. Also, the flavor a are very strong. Bonus.
2. Health force Elite Green Protein. This protein does not taste good I’m warning you now. It would have to be in a smoothie, but it’s made strictly from vegetables and has a tonnnn of health benefits outside of the protein. It features chlorella, spirualina, milk thistle and more. No pea, hemp, whey or anything like that. It’s fantastic!
3. Vega One. I love this one because it is filled with superfoods!
4. Sproutein. It is raw, filled with unique ingridients and tastes AMAZING!
5. Neo Cell. This one is not vegan so I have not tried it. However, it ha collagen and is filled with natural whey. Collagen is really good for the skin and I like the ingridients .
You can get any of these on pureformulas and get a discount and free shipping with code RQANXY.
What are your favorites? 🍍✌🏼️